Are You In Distress? Psalm 34

Do you ever feel like you are in distress and can't put your finger on why?  Are you out of sorts, feeling discontented, or that something just isn't right?  That is a little of what I have been feeling lately.  There are several things I do when I am in this state - I exercise (walking, swimming, dancing), I read scripture, or I talk to a spiritual friend who is a prayer buddy.  I have done all three lately and they all helped.

Psalm 34 is rich with words that helped me this past weekend.

I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
    he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant;their faces are never covered with shame.

This lowly one called; the LORD heard,
and rescued him (her) from all her distress.  Psalm 34:4-7

Turn to Him when you have troubles or are in distress and He will hear you and answer you - by giving you more energy, lifting you from the pit, or sending you a friend who can walk through it with you.  Seek refuge in Him. (Psalm 34:9)  Amen.

 


Comments