When You Are Afraid

I have to admit I am not a very good flier.  We are headed to California today for a conference and I am not looking forward to flying (especially since the weather is unsettled in the East.)  However, there are several things I do when I get on an airplane.  First, I pray for a safe trip and I pray for the pilots flying the plane.  I then pray to the Lord send angels to surround the plane to protect it and lift it up.  If the flight gets bumpy, I either pray some Hail Mary's or the Our Father.  I also have 3 X 5 note cards in my purse with some favorite scripture verses.  Here are a couple that I use when I am afraid and facing a challenge.

So do not fear for I am with you.
Do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:9-11

I can do anything through Him who gives me strength.  Phil. 4:13

So I am taking deep belly breaths this morning, praying for safe travel, and trusting in the Lord to be with me on our trip.  Thank you, God for your constant presence in my life.  Amen.


Comments