Help My Unbelief

I have been worried for the past 5 years about my grandson who has health issues and is grossly underweight.  I have felt helpless,because I don't have control over what he eats or the genetic growth disorder he has.  Mostly what I do is worry which is very unproductive and just causes me suffering.  What I have done is pray for him and his parents.

Today's reading (Mark 9:14-29) is the story about a man whose son is possessed by a mute spirit, and when Jesus arrives on the scene the spirit throws the boy down on the ground in convulsions, foaming at the mouth.  The disciples were unable to heal the boy.  Jesus asks the father how long this has been happening to the boy and he says since childhood.  The father says..."But if you can do anything, have compassion on us and help us."  Jesus says to him, "If you can!  Everything is possible to one who has faith."  Then the boy's father cries out, "I do believe, help my unbelief!"

How many times have I prayed for my grandson to be healed of his physical issues?  Many, many times.  He has made great progress, but not to the extent that he has gained much weight.  This verse is a great reminder to me to keep on praying for his healing - that everything is possible when we have faith.  I do have faith and I do believe the Lord will heal him, according to His will.

Thank you, Lord, for your compassion and reminders to have faith.  I need to hear Your words daily.  Amen.


Comments