Need Direction in your Life? Isaiah 30:20-21

Some years ago, I came across this verse in Isaiah and it really spoke to me.  At the time, I was contemplating a new life being married and then it caught my attention again when I was contemplating retirement.  Here it is:

The Lord will give you the bread you need and the water for which you thirst.
No longer will your Teacher hide himself,
but with your own eyes you shall see your Teacher.
While from behind, a voice shall sound in your ears;
"This is the way, walk in it,"
when you would turn to the right or to the left.  Isaiah 30:20-21

The question is, do you listen for the voice that sounds in your ears?  I am blown away to think that the Teacher is right behind me, guiding me, whispering to me, trying to lead me in the direction I should go.  Am I listening, that is the question, and do I act on the guidance that I feel in my heart and soul?  I confuse it with what my mind is saying, what the world is saying.  Sometimes it makes me feel so overwhelmed, weighing one against the other.  I want to walk in His way, but will I heed the voice?
Lord, please help me to hear Your voice above that of others and the world.  Amen.

Comments