God Loves Me with an Everlasting Love

Recently I have been contemplating something that happened to me as a teenager.  I wasn't chosen to be on a particular team even though I thought I had performed perfectly.  Someone else was chosen who I felt did not perform as well as me.  I felt that it wasn't right and it wasn't fair that the judges didn't pick me.  This particular incident has stuck with me my whole life and it has been hard to let go.  At the time, I was going through a hard time at home with a mom who wasn't able to mother me due to addiction and I looked to others a lot for approval..

I have really wanted to be healed of this pride/envy/unforgiveness attitude, so I asked the Spirit to help me find a scripture that would help me get out of this cycle.  This verse came to me and it has helped me immensely:

“I have loved you with an everlasting love.
    With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself."  Jer.31:3

I realized that all through my life God has been with me through the hard times.  He has always loved me beyond measure.  He knew me before I was born and knew what was going to happen in my life before it happened.  He has held me close even though my earthly parents had problems and couldn't care for me as I would have liked.  Things may not have happened the way I would have liked and people are human, including those judges.  I think I can let go of this hurt now knowing that Jesus was there and is with me now, comforting me, lifting me up and showing me that he has always loved me.  So awesome!


Comments