When All You Can Say Is, "Help me, Lord!"

There are some times in your life when things are so stressful, out of control, sad, or extreme that you just don't know know what to do.  Has that ever happened to you?

You just got a scary diagnosis, something very upsetting has happened, a family situation is just too much, you've lost a loved one, or things are just out of control in your life.  Sound familiar?

Well, a situation like this happened to me the other night.  I was so shaken up, but at the same time trying to keep it together, because it was an emergency.

A close family member had not been heard from all day, she lives alone, and is not in great health.  Her daughter asked me to go over to her house and check on her.  I found the house dark (unusual) and called out to her.  She answered faintly from another room.

What I found was her lying on the floor- she had fallen earlier in the day and had no way of reaching the phone.  That was why she was not answering texts and phone calls.  After determining that she could still breathe, I called 911 and the paramedics arrived within 20 minutes.

But during that 20 minutes, I was trying to reassure her that help was on the way, keeping her talking so she knew I was with her.  That was about all I could do.  I couldn't lose it.  Not then, even though I was horrified about the situation and so upset and sad that she had to endure that all day.

After the paramedics got there and they got her in the ambulance, I got in my car to drive home to pick up a few things before heading to the Emergency Room.  As I sat there in my car, I lost it.  The only thing I could think of to say was "Help me, Lord!"  I knew He was with me and her.  I prayed for her right then and I cried.  It was all I could do.

The scripture verses that came to mind were:

"And surely I am with you always...."  Matthew 28:20 

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."  Joshua 1:9

There was such comfort knowing that He was with me and would help me do what I needed to do at the hospital.  To give me strength and to give her strength to make it.  I thanked Him for the paramedics and later the doctors and nurses.

Remember that He is always with you, no matter how stressful the situation, no matter how awful, no matter what.  Never be afraid to just call out, "Help me, Lord!!"  He will.

I'd love to hear your situation where you said, "Help me, Lord!"  Leave a comment below.


www.janespringer.com


Comments