What to Do When You Are Having a Bad Day

What to do when having bad dayDo you sometimes just feel like you are having a bad day?  Maybe you got some bad news.  Maybe everything just seems to be going wrong.

Maybe you just feel out of sorts.  Under attack.

Today that's how I feel.  So what do I do?

I start praying.  I pray for protection.  From God and St. Michael.  This is a good one:

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do you, O prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits
who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.
Amen.

I am thinking about the passage in James that reminds me to come close to God - and He will come close to you.  Satan and his army can't attack you when you are close to God.
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.  Come near to God and He will come close to you.  James 4:7-8
Today I am sticking close to God, because I know that all the powers in the world can't touch me when I am close to Him.
How about you?  Will you come close to God today?  I pray that you will find comfort and peace knowing that you are loved and protected.  All is well.
Have you ever felt under attack and found peace with God?  Leave me a comment.  I'd love to hear from you!

Comments