What If I'm Worn Out, Lord?

It's been a rough week.  Substitute busy, upsetting, frustrating, challenging for the "rough".  Any way you look at at it, you are worn out beyond measure.  But you still have to function and your responsibilities have not gone away.

When I have that kind of a week and, in fact, have had one this past week, I go searching for comfort.  It might be in the form of food (most likely), or shopping. I may just want to sleep and withdraw.  Food inevitably is not the answer, nor does it solve any of the problems.  Eating that chocolate may give me a temporary bump in spirits, but I come back down and the problems are still there.   Plus I may gain weight and that just compounds the problem.

Sleep and withdrawing can help some, but ultimately it's not the solution.  Does this scenario sound familiar to you?

What if there was an alternative?  What if you turned to Jesus instead?  That's right.  What if you laid your troubles and fatigue on Him?

Believe me, He can handle it.  You know how I know?  Because He has told us this in scripture.  I love this passage in Matthew and especially this version in The Message:

 “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”  Matt 11:28-30



Wouldn't you love to walk with Him and learn the unforced rhythms of grace?  I know I would.  Wouldn't you love to live freely and lightly? Sign me up.

Take a few minutes to spend time with Jesus today.  Let Him show you how to take a real rest - body, mind and spirit.  He is the source of real peace and He can teach us so much.  I am going to immerse myself in His presence.  Will you join me?

If you can relate to this or would like to share your experience, please leave me a comment.  I would love to hear from you!








Comments

Post a Comment