Healing Chronic Fatigue Syndrome with God's Help

How many times has a doctor told you there is no cure for chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), a.k.a. chronic Epstein Barre Virus syndrome?  How many different kinds of healers and medical practitioners have you been to to try and get well?  How many books and internet sources have you read to try and get the answer?  Well, since 1984, I have spent countless hours on doctor visits, reading books, and trying treatments and supplements.  No real definitive answers.

But I have been healed from chronic fatigue syndrome and it was only when I turned to God that the healing began to take place.

Back in 1984, I was really sick.  I had mononucleosis in 1982 as a 32 year old and this illness felt just like that.  But the doctors said I could only have mono once.  Finally an internal medicine doctor told me something that made sense, but also gave me no hope of getting well.  He said he had read in a journal about a new illness that doctors had identified and it was called chronic Epstein Barre Virus syndrome.  And that's what he thought I had.  But the bad news was, he said, no cure had been identified.  I was so discouraged and I continued to be very ill for several months.  Nausea and crippling fatigue were all I knew.

One night, I was feeling very desperate and finally turned to God and prayed for healing.  I was looking in the Bible for something to hold on to and this verse is what I found:

Even youths grow tired and weary,
And young men stumble and fall;
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
They will not grow weary,

They will walk and not be faint.  Isaiah 40:30-31

That verse finally gave me hope.  And I heard God say to me, "You will be healed."  It was then that my healing began.  It was only when I turned to God that I began to get well.

Now, since then I have added and subtracted many things in my life to continue my healing.  Changing my habits to maximize my energy, like taking a nap most days.  I just made it a part of my life, even when I was working full time.  I take a number of supplements.  I changed my eating to eliminate foods I was sensitive to like gluten and dairy, plus I eliminated flour and sugar.  I stopped snacking.  That has made a HUGE difference and helped me lose the weight I had gradually gained over the years.  I exercise every day by walking.  Nothing too strenuous  I enjoy hiking in nature, too, but always being mindful of my energy level.  I lift weights, but no too heavy.

The biggest change I have made is in my spiritual life.  Over the years, I have nurtured my relationship with God by reading scripture and praying daily.  I also changed my thinking about my illness.  Using Romans 12:2 as my guide, I have renewed my mind around what is possible.

"Do not conform to the patterns of the world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind."  



I refused to believe what the doctors told me (the world) and decided I would do everything I could to heal myself with God's help.  He has been so faithful and good.  Only He could heal me and my thinking in such a radical way.

So, if you are suffering with chronic fatigue syndrome or chronic Epstein Barre Virus syndrome, please have hope.  You can be healed from it.

Ready to get your energy, life and health back? Send me an email at jane@janespringer.com and we will have a strategy call to talk over your challenges and and how I might help you solve them.

I'd love to hear from you!  Leave me a comment if this post speaks to you.



Comments