Listening to God

I have recently been doing a lot of thinking about how God wants to use me in my coaching business.  Who does He want me to speak to?  Who does he want me to attract with my website?  It came to me that through the voice of the Spirit that I do a lot of asking but not enough listening.  How can he speak to me when I am pestering Him with questions?  I need to calm myself, stop striving so much to get answers and just relax.  He will let me know in His time, not my time.


And I need to allow the possibility that He has something else planned for me or He may have nothing else planned for me besides being a good wife, mother, grandmother, friend and neighbor.  There has been so much brokenness in my life, my family's life, and in others' lives that needs healing and love. But in order to hear His messages, I need to be quiet and let things flow.  Today's verse speaks to this when the Lord was speaking to Elijah:

“Go out and stand before me on the mountain,” the Lord told him. And as Elijah stood there, the Lord passed by, and a mighty windstorm hit the mountain. It was such a terrible blast that the rocks were torn loose, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. And after the earthquake there was a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire there was the sound of a gentle whisper."  1 Kings 19:11-12

Can we be quiet and listen to his gentle whisper today?
Lord, thank you for your word and the reminder that we should listen for your gentle whisper. Speak to me, Lord, my ears, eyes and heart are open.  In Jesus' name, Amen.


Comments