What To Do When You Are Sad

Today has been a very sad day for me.  This morning when I went out to get the newspaper, I found a dead black kitten on my sidewalk.  The mom, a very young black cat that lives next door, was hanging around it crying and would not leave it.  I checked to see if by some chance it was still alive, but it was not.  I went back in house crying and wondering what to do, since my husband was not there.  Besides being incredibly sad, I was angry, too, at the guy next door who has not gotten his cats spayed and neutered and does not take of them.

When I went back out to check and figure out what to do, the kitten was gone.  I assume the mom took her away somewhere.  I was so upset, I didn't know what to do besides call my husband and text my good friend who loves animals like I do.  Then I turned to God and scripture.  It was the only thing that would help me get through this.  The 23rd Psalm jumped in my mind and just saying it all day has helped me.  Thank you, Lord for your word and your presence in my life.  I need You.

The Lord is my shepherd;
    I have all that I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows;
    he leads me beside peaceful streams.    He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
    bringing honor to his name.
Even when I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid,
    for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
    protect and comfort me.  Psalm 23:1-4

Comments