Eyes Fixed on Jesus, Hebrews 12:1-4

Today I was reading St. Paul's Letter to the Hebrews and this sentence jumped out at me:

Since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith.  Hebrews 12:1-4

I love the visual of running a tough race with all its challenges while keeping my eyes focused on Jesus at the finish line.

I don't necessarily mean running in my case, but persevering through troubles, depression, physical challenges, and discouragement.  It's easy to let life's trials slow us down and prevent us from moving forward to joy and peace.  But if I think about Jesus waiting for me with His hand outstretched or, even better, running with me, I can handle practically anything.  There is so much comfort in that.  So grateful that He is always with me, no matter what!

Comments