Jesus Grasps My Hand

Do you ever feel just tired, or sick or sick and tired?  Right now I am in the tired mode, between many activities this week and exercise.  So it was timely when I did the daily Gospel reading which was the story about Jesus and  his apostle Simon's mother--in-law:

On leaving the synagogue Jesus entered the house of Simon and Andrew with James and John.  Simon's mother-in-law lay sick with fever.  They immediately told him about her.  He approached, grasped her hand, and helped her up..  Then the fever left her and she waited on them.  Mark 1:29-3

Now Jesus didn't just stand over her and lay hands on her.  He grasped her hand.  Imagine yourself in the same situation.  You are sick and lying down.  Jesus grasps your hand.  You feel His warm strength, power, and compassion all at once.  His healing grace passes from Him to you and He pulls you up and you are healed.  Wow!  I don't know about you, but I love the idea of Him holding tight to my hand and helping me up - healing whatever is wrong with me, whether it be sickness or just exhaustion.  Remember that little phrase when you feel awful and need Him.  "He grasped her hand."  Awesome!


Comments