Asking God For Help

It may be just the winter doldrums, the chill, or the enemy trying to get in the way of my spiritual walk, but the past week has been difficult.  Lots of body aches and pains and feelings of restlessness and discouragement.  When this happens, I usually turn to the Psalms, because they offer such encouragement in times of trouble, discouragement, or sickness.  I was leaning towards Psalm 27, which I do when I feel under attack "the Lord is my fortress protecting me from danger...." when my eye fell on Psalm 30:1-2.

"I will exalt you, Lord, for you rescued me.
You refused to let my enemies triumph over me.
O Lord my God, I cried to you for help,
and you restored my health."  

 What a perfect verse for the way I was feeling. How amazing is it that we have a God that not only protects us, but heals us?  Just when we call out and when we need Him most.  I felt covered up with His protection and had confidence that He would heal me of my physical pain.  And something happened that just lifted my spirits immediately.  My dearest friend from high school who lives in Kansas and whom I haven't seen in a few years called and said she was going to be in south Florida and did I want to meet her in February.  What an answer to prayer!  A change of scenery, warm climate and a chance to connect and have some fun.  Yippee!  So don't be afraid to call out to God for help and healing.  He will do it!


Comments