What To Do When You Are Feeling Down

Today you woke up feeling depressed, anxious or just generally down.  You may know exactly the cause.  Or you may just have a general feeling, but not sure of the source.

Either way, it isn't a great way to start the day.

So what to do?

If you know the cause of the feeling, know that it came from a thought about the situation.  For example, you woke up this morning thinking, "I am not acting the way God wants me to act in my life."  That could take many forms.  Maybe you haven't been loving towards your spouse.  Maybe you are concentrating too much on success and making money.  Maybe you have been telling yourself you are fat.  Whatever it is, acknowledge it and look at the results it is producing.

Perhaps you can take a small action today to correct the situation.  Pray about what to do.

A distancing from your relationship with God and with yourself and others.  You know inside something is out of balance and out of order.

If you don't know the cause of your depressed or anxious feelings, then what you can do is ask God to reveal to you the source.  Are you out of alignment with where you and He want you to be?  Maybe down deep in your heart you know the answer, but don't want to bring it to the surface.

Dear one, you can present anything to God.  He always hears you and never condemns you.  He is always loving and full of grace. 

When I wake up feeling down, this is a Bible verse I turn to.  It always give me hope and a feeling of love and peace.

"He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand."  Psalm 40:2

Let Him lift you out of the pit today.  Stretch out your hand.  He is there.

If you are feeling out alignment in your life, please feel free to contact me.

www.janespringer.com


Comments