Changes Going on in Your Life? Jeremiah 29:11-13

Have you ever had times in your life when you did not know what the heck was going on, things happening right and left, changes going on and you feel rootless and scattered?  That is how I feel right now.  Work with deadlines, family celebrations, company coming, things to do, grandchildren spending the night, websites flip-flopping and not knowing what the plan is?  Not knowing the plan has always been difficult for me.  I like to plan at least a couple of days ahead and preferably in the long term.

But life doesn't really happen that way does it?  It is never a smooth road in a straight line.  Turns are necessary.  Stuff happens.  Things shift.  Change is always going on.  So do you roll with it, trusting that God will show you the way in His time?  "Rest in it and nest in it"  as one of my favorite praise songs goes.  Or do you stress, grasping to know the next step?  Asking and asking for direction, but you don't hear anything in return?  I feel sure that letting go is the best thing I can do in the situation, but Lordy, is that ever hard for me!  I am reminded of this scripture when I get to this place:


"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."  Jeremiah 29:11-13

The Lord knows the plan - you can let go and let Him drive.  Rest.  Play.  That is my desire for today.  Can you let go, too? 

Comments

  1. Jane- that is my favorite verse- it is on my bulletin board, on cards scattered all around my house, and worn on a silver bangle bracelet on my left hand. Thank you for this great reminder to rest in him.... blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you read it and it spoke to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment